Identifies and applies appropriate ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural codes to individual patient health information for claims processing, data retrieval and analysis. Responsible for patient financial related activities, which includes accurate entry of insurance benefits, authorizations and other activities which ensures complete and accurate claims.
- Require a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a physician office.
- Require a minimum of one (1) year of CPT and ICD physician coding experience.
- Require Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based (CCS-P), or become certified within one (1) year of employment.
- Prefer a college degree.
- Prefer demonstrated initiative and the ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Prefer Multi-Specialty coding experience.
- Prefer basic knowledge of third party payers.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Prefer previous experience with medical terminology.
- Prefer demonstrated basic accounting and math skills.
- Prefer demonstrated computer, keyboard, and data input skills.Prefer demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high volume setting.
- Prefer knowledge of electronic health records software and skill in all Microsoft office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access).
- Prefer demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
All applications must be submitted on the SMH Careers Website here. Reference Job ID 424333.
Central Billing Office
1743 Main St.
Sarasota , Florida 34236