Responsible of the reconciliation of daily census reports with incoming charges to ensure all revenue has been captured. Accurately posts charges for provider services in a timely manner, reviews and verifies appropriate usage of modifiers, diagnosis and CPT-4 codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduled hours to ensure all charges are posted daily and at month end to meet department goals. Analyzes patient initial visits and physician rounding sheets daily for physician coding. Capture correct information for entering charges. Follow-up with incoming and outgoing departmental mail. Interacts with FPG Physicians, Office Managers CBO staff and other appropriate SMH staff to review charge posting issues. Responsible for keeping abreast of and complying with all third party regulations. Handles all correspondence and all communications in a timely manner. Job knowledge is section specific. Ability to demonstrate Customer Service Recovery, be flexible and adapt to changes in growth within the CBO Department.
- Require a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a physician office and/or physician charge entry.
- Require skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Require the ability to work with little to no supervision in meeting departmental goals.
- Require demonstrated initiative and self-direction.
- Require knowledge of Patient Management software application.
- Require two (2) years of experience with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial revenue, and charge capture.
- Require the ability to type thirty (30) words per minute for CRT and PC input.
- Require the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high volume setting.
- Require general knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Require the ability to analyze problems and consistently follow through to resolution.
- Require a pleasant and professional demeanor with neat appearance.
- Require strong oral and written communication skills.
- Require basic knowledge of third party payers.
- Prefer some college or vocational training.
- Prefer basic accounting skills.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prefer skills in all Microsoft office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access).
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
Job Reference ID:
To apply for this position, please click here
Please note that all official job applications will only be recognized by applying through smh.com.
Central Billing Office
1700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota , FL 34239