Assists in the management of patient care in the physician office setting under the direct supervision of a physician or licensed provider. Demonstrates competency to provide patient care according to the specific needs of the population. Applies appropriate surgical diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing. Responsible for surgical patient-related billing activities, which include, insurance eligibility/verification, surgical billing, and follow up. Codes surgical procedures accurately and within established benchmarks. Determines primary vs. secondary procedures and codes accordingly. Codes surgical assist when applicable.
- Require current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants or a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by the American Society of Medical Technologists.
- Require a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a physician’s office.
- Require Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification; or must be obtained within one (1) year of employment.
- Require a minimum of one (1) year of CPT and ICD-10 physician coding experience.
- Require experience with an electronic practice management and electronic health record system.
- Prefer certified surgical coding designation.
- Prefer demonstrated initiative and self-direction and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high volume setting.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of electronic practice management and electronic health records software along with skill in all Microsoft office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of third party payers.
- Prefer demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Prefer demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Prefer a college degree or vocational training.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
Required License and Certs
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
All applications must be submitted on the SMH Careers Website here. Reference Job ID 424683.
1888 Hillview St.
Sarasota , FL 34239