Sarasota, FL 34239
Experience and Expertise:
- Directs innovative and personalized clinical research trials that bring new chemotherapeutic drugs under development to Southwest Florida patients.
- Developed Sarasota Memorial’s robotic surgery program for women with gynecological cancer. Dr. Fiorica was the first in the region to utilize the da Vinci Surgical System and advanced robotic techniques to treat complex gynecological
conditions. He has performed several thousand surgeries since joining Sarasota Memorial in 2005.
- Authored or coauthored more than 175 publications on medical issues and clinical trials pertaining to women’s health.
- Created teaching and instructional materials, including medical videos and textbook chapters, on women’s health issues involving breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and hormonal therapy.
- Lectures extensively throughout the United States and world. More than 175 medical abstracts of his research have been accepted by medical societies in the United States and around the world, including Japan, London, Milan, Rome, Scotland, Barcelona, Quebec and Toronto.
- Provides consults and treatment for international and seasonal visitors as well as patients with complex cases. Dr. Fiorica often integrates gynecologic cancer care with multiple physicians and centers around the United States and the world.
As medical director of Sarasota Memorial’s Women’s Cancer Specialty Program, Dr. Fiorica works with primary care physicians, gynecologists and obstetricians throughout the region to ensure women have access to the most successful treatments available.